A Mindful Life: The Shift from Surviving to Thriving
- Thursday, 03/09/2017: 8:30 AM - 9:45 AM
- Room: Marriott, Grand Salon G
- Session Number:
If juggling your personal life and career life have left you feeling stretched as thin as a piece of taffy after a tug of war, then you are not alone. Today, people in the workplace are inundated by numerous stressors and the constant pressure to outperform the previous quarter. While we can’t change the demands of our around-the-clock culture, what we can change is how our brains respond to the stress that modern life presents.
Drawing on cutting edge neuroscience research and simple mindfulness practices, Dr. Kristen Race’s humorous and engaging talk Surviving to Thriving provides practical solutions to get your work and home life reconnected, recharged and back on track.
• Why stress is so prevalent and highly contagious
• How to become more resilient to stressors at work and at home
• Good stress vs. bad stress
• How having a mindfulness practice makes you a happier, healthier, more efficient worker
• 5 simple mindfulness practices to shift you from merely surviving to thriving